Quick list of features and updates since Samploid 1.0 ::
* Import your own sounds (choose a folder with .wav samples in it,
and it will line all the sounds up alphabetically on your keys).
* Span your samples across all the keys (simply choose a sample from the list,
enable the [span] button, and riff away!
* Reverse your sample(s), same as above just enable the REV button and you
have backwards kits :).
* Start/End nodes draggable so you can zone in on a samples best parts.
* Three different Pitch bends.
* Full .wav ADSR module to shape your samples and sessions to perfection.
* Delay/popcorn delay - adjustable full flex stereo delay.
* 100 step Sample Sequencer - Amazing for EDM, dub, modern hard/progressive
Best part is it's all writeable, even drawable areas are automation enabled.
* LFO filters with Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch, Peak, 303 low/high
* Secondary filters wired through a top level LFO so you can tweak out your compositions.
* PAN LFO - Mix in a little bit of the stereo delay, add a pinch of reverb, and this panning
lfo module twangs your sounds into new and unique processes with pans and offsets.
* Reverb module with clean and real sounding room reverb. Adjustable room size,
width, and dampness, I tend to use it a lot it's got a warm pro sound to it.
* Chorus - Simple chorus module that processes your signal just right.
* Synth module and Sequencer :: Just like the sample loader and sequencer,
this duplicates the grid and gives you access to a full blown snyth setup that is
routed through all the modules above as well. Though untraditional to mix samplers
with synths, I find there is a ton of uses and having two sequencers right up front
gives you unlimited combinations of mixing your samples with some tones, bass,
blips, grunge, noise, soft ambience, a sine wave sub bass to your kick, a sawtooth
following your lead sample etc.
You get a full multi-oscillator setup with adsr and
a quick dropdown to choose from the various oscillators & octaves. Essentially you
this as a synth, a sampler, a combo, a drum sample creator/shaper,
an instrument creator etc.
* Now when you import your samples folder, and save your project in your DAW,
then reopen it
- it saves your file locations and preloads your sampler (finally,
no more rerouting samples :)).
* Fixed the 'realease' knob - now releases much more gradually on the latter half
* Fixed Velocity so your controller/DAW recognizes sensitivity.
* Fixed root key (added option for users to choose their own)
* Fixed pitchbend recognition/preset. There's three pitchbends now, needed
for the various
ways we handle the different sound types
(and wanted so we
can experiment with
time shifting and deep bends).
* Fixed automation duplicates on a few knobs (most daw's nowadays seem
to fix many of these on their own but still.
* Optimized denormals on all modules - much less clicks and pops and even
then most are due to adsr settings (not enough attack, no release, too loud
volume on bass tones, portamento settings without filters etc).
* Workstation approach with a smart sound kit preloaded in our Romploid
version (only difference is no import). Over 100 samples lined up in groups
and easy naming convention for all of them along with a ton of presets
showcasing the various settings and room shaking results the samploid puts
out. You can take one sample and make unlimited new sounds from it.
Very robust, able to handle a lot of your audio production needs from beatmaking
to sound design to fast trance/EDM arpegio creation to pretty much anything you
come up with. We like the KISS rule so once the learning curve is out of the way
you'll find this tool to be useful and dynamic with what it does and how fast it
does it. I'm especially pleased with how performance is handled now on multiple
Why is all this free? What's the catch?
A few reasons, I feel the last series didn't live up to par and I swore someday I
would redo them, improve them, and release them free for the first x months/years?
AND - we're in the mids of overhauling DubTurbo4 which is now going to be a full
DAW and VST host so this is going to be used within our new version and you're
getting a copy because we love good promo and we want you to check us out when we
launch DT4! No email list to add yourself to, no tricks at facebook, just a straight
great free VST(i) series to say thank you to the world for supporting dubturbo, to say sorry
for the last versions not being up to snuff,
and to hopefully get the industry talking
about DT again once we've launched.
One thing we do ask? You knew there would be ONE catch ;) PLEASE tell a friend
or 5 about this if you do find our tools useful and cool even for experimental stuff.
We really would like to start our 'thank you' marketing
for 2015 early, so
for your interest - PLEASE drop a link somewhere, tell a friend, throw up a vid,
anything to help us get these freebies out asap.
Enjoy this first release of the Samploid2/Romploid and have fun making music!
The DT Team.
A whole new line up of VST's and VSTi's is coming!
The NEW DUBturbo 4 DAW is almost here - and what better way to bring it in than to compliment it with a collection of cool new VST(i)'s!
Our last batch of VST's left a lot to be desired unfortunately due to timing and budgets, so this round we're going to be giving them away for FREE right here on the site for a limited time to say thank you to the industry for their patience and to help us build some buzz for the overhaul of dubturbo :).
First up is our Samploid2 sampler/rompler/synth combo VSTi. We'll have a few more videos up shortly on how to use this powerful and unique tool. It will come in three different versions to help you guys get the most out of it - one packed with samples and presets and NO import function, another blank version with IMPORT - and a lite version stripped of all extras just keeping the sampler, sequencer, and a few on board effects so you can use multiple instances and not cap out or have to bounce in place too often..
In the meantime I hope everyone enjoys this first release of the blank version and starts getting creative with it! If you create something great PLEASE give us notice, do a video showcase of your creation or drop us a link to your soundcloud/other site with your music.
Thank you for your interest in our products and enjoy making music!
The DUBturbo Team.